International Office

Your studies abroad worldwide

Are you drawn to the big wide world for your studies abroad?
You have the opportunity to spend one or two semesters abroad at one of our partner universities outside Europe.


It is above all the immersion in other cultures that makes such a stay abroad so interesting.

How do I proceed?


Choose a partner university cooperating with your department at which you would like to spend your studies abroad.


Tentatively register your intention with the International Office by submitting a declaration of intent

  • for a summer semester - by 1 September of the previous year
  • for a winter semester - by 1 March of the same year


If possible, you should also choose modules that fit your studies, usually in the amount of 30 ECTS per semester. Please note that some modules are only offered in the summer semester, others only in the winter semester.


The partnership between South-Carolina (USA) and Rhineland-Palatinate could be interesting. Students with primary residence in RLP "only" have to pay so-called in-state-fees (i.e. they pay the reduced tuition fees for studying abroad as if they were a resident of South Carolina).

Any other questions?

We will gladly answer these questions in our FAQ
You will also find your contact persons for various topics.